Hello From North Georgia

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Hello From North Georgia

Postby rebelfirefighter » Mar 31, 2009 11:55 am

My name is Andy and I live in Northwest Georgia. I have came here looking for new ways to improve my vertical experience and to hopefully find some new places to be On Rope. I am a volunteer firefighter and a member of the Whitfield County Fire Depts newly formed High Angle Rescue Team. I keep becoming more and more interested in caving so a figure I'll end up in that direction before its all said and done with. Living in TAG I want to really get my veritical skills down before I start caving so I can really experience it. My current caving experience is a few wild tours in commercial caves and hearing my dad talk about vertical caving when he was a member of the Chattanooga Grotto.

Andy
rebelfirefighter
Prolific Poster

Name: Andy Witt
NSS #: 63903
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Pigeon Mountain Grotto

Re: Hello From North Georgia

Postby graveleye » Mar 31, 2009 1:52 pm

welcome to the forum Andy and thanks for being part of your VFD. I believe there are quite a few fire/rescue cavers in your neck of the woods. Looks like you're close enough to hook up with the Chattanooga Grotto and I bet they'll be able to get you on rope. They have a sub-forum down the page if you want to check them out.
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Postby Buzzard » Mar 31, 2009 3:40 pm

Hey Andy, welcome to the forums. I am also from the N.Ga area; living walker county. This a good place for lots of info.
:cavingrocks:
May the lights stay on til you make it home!
Buzzard
Infrequent Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: Chattanooga Grotto

Postby wendy » Apr 1, 2009 1:13 am

welcome Andy! :waving:
"Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time." - Tallulah Bankhead
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Postby divecomputer » Apr 1, 2009 11:54 am

Welcome ^_^

I am new too I am from Thailand ^_^
Dive Computer and Scuba equipments specification & reviews.
divecomputer
Infrequent Poster

Postby BrianC » Apr 1, 2009 3:57 pm

Hey Andy! Here's the link http://forums.caves.org/viewforum.php?f=30&start=0
Meeting 2nd Monday of each month.
see you there
Hello to you Divecomputer
Brian Conners
BrianC
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby rebelfirefighter » Apr 2, 2009 4:56 pm

Thanks to all of yall for welcomming me. The Chattanooga Grotto sounds like a friendly bunch like everyone else here. When I get a chance I'll have to pay y'all a visit. I've seen that yall talk about Eagle's Nest a bunch. I've heard about it before but don't have any details about it. It'd be nice to give it a try. We go to Pigeon Mountain a bunch but are looking for some different places to get our feet off the ground in our local area. I'd dive straight into caving right away but I have a ton of stuff Im into so I gotta move in a lil slower gear. I'm with the fire dept, Im a civil war reenactor, i metal detect, hunt, fish, rappel and about anything else in between.

Andy
rebelfirefighter
Prolific Poster

Name: Andy Witt
NSS #: 63903
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Pigeon Mountain Grotto

Return to Caver Introductions