out of luck newbie

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

out of luck newbie

Postby activeshooter » Jan 22, 2009 11:26 pm

Hey all, trying to get back into caving, but having trouble. See, I'm located in central Ks, finding a grotto seems to be tough, but I'm talking with someone in/at the KC area grotto. I didn't realize how secretive cavers can be, Where do I learn the secret handshake :big grin: just kidding, but I am ready to learn the right way to cave. I just need to find like minded folks to teach me. thanks in advance
Greg
activeshooter
Frequent Poster

Name: greg herin

Re: out of luck newbie

Postby Jeff Bartlett » Jan 23, 2009 12:45 am

KCAG is a solid grotto, they do some pretty exciting stuff. Cavers are secretive because of how sensitive caves are; they just need to get to know you before handing over the keys to the kingdom, if you know what I mean. I would definitely go to a meeting or three, introduce yourself, be polite, make some friends. You're not out of luck, you're just an unknown and that's easy to fix. Don't be afraid to admit that you're a beginner and don't be shy. We all started somewhere!
"Although it pains me to say it, in this case Jeff is right. Plan accordingly." --Andy Armstrong
Jeff Bartlett
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Jeff Bartlett
NSS #: 59325
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Tennessee Cave Survey

Return to Caver Introductions