Castle Rock CO.

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Castle Rock CO.

Postby plicpriest1 » Jan 7, 2009 12:38 am

Hi all My name is Brian. I live in castle rock. I am super excited about caves. ive tried determining what it is about the whole caving thing that fascinates me. perhaps it is the sense of adventure, or seeing something cool. Given my current occupation (flight instructor), i get to see things that others cannot even begin to dream exist. i guess that it is only natural to want to go caving. my problem is i never have enough time to do all the caving that i want. i figured i'd join the NSS to keep my head in the game when i dont get to go. when i do though... all is right in the world. At any rate im happy to be able to cave. :cavingrocks:
plicpriest1
Prolific Poster

Name: Brian
NSS #: 60892

Re: Castle Rock CO.

Postby Squirrel Girl » Jan 7, 2009 6:22 am

Welcome to Cavechat! There's a fairly decent number of cavers in Colorado (where I used to live), so hopefully you will get some good trips. Have you found the local clubs and cavers?
Barbara Anne am Ende

"Weird people are my people."
Squirrel Girl
Global Moderator

NSS #: 15789

Postby caverdan » Jan 7, 2009 9:09 am

Welcome to Colorado Caving Brian. Check out this link......http://www.coloradocaves.org/

The Southern Colorado Mountain Grotto meets tonight in Colorado Springs. We have several members from the Castle Rock area in our club. Meetings are the first Wednesday of every month from 7:00p.m. till 9:00 or 9:30p.m. Meetings are held at Jack Quinn’s 21 S Tejon St Colorado Springs, CO. Come join the fun, as we are a friendly bunch that mainly cave in Williams Canyon, located in Manitou Springs.

The Colorado Grotto is probably a little closer to you as they meet in the South end of Denver over by Denver University. There meeting is usually the first Thursday of the month, but I heard rumor they will be meeting tomorrow night, as their meeting fell on New Years day this month. Hope this helps.
Member: Colorado Madrats, SoCoMoGro,CWSG.
caverdan
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 40262

Postby plicpriest1 » Jan 7, 2009 2:28 pm

Hay thanx 4 the invite. I dont reckon that i will make it in on this round though i will most certainly try. Im glad that there are others from castle rock. most of my caving experiance has been in the palmer area (if you know of the cave im refering 2). Ive always wanted to do williams canyon. I visited the cave of the winds geoventure tour with my wife. as neat as it was i would prefer to do more exploring and the like. you know getting dirty, crawling through tight spots. once with my wife in palmer she got through a real tight squeez as she is only half my size. it opened up into alot more to explore so naturally i tried. may not have been the wisest idea ive ever concockted. it was extremely painful to negotiate and about halfway through i determined that it was not worth it. Plus the scrape on my back taught me a lesson. :rofl:
plicpriest1
Prolific Poster

Name: Brian
NSS #: 60892

Postby caverdan » Jan 8, 2009 9:08 am

There were a couple of trips announced last night for Saturday the 17th. If you care to go, E-mail me at caverdan....at....comcast (dot) net. and I'll fill you in on what to bring and where to meet. Both trips are on Cave of the Winds property. :kewl:
Member: Colorado Madrats, SoCoMoGro,CWSG.
caverdan
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 40262

Return to Caver Introductions