New caver in San Antonio, TX

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

New caver in San Antonio, TX

Postby Skitter » Dec 23, 2008 10:29 pm

Hiya, I'm Skitter. ;) My husband Haze posted in the thread below me. I'm relatively new to the San Antonio area, having recently moved down to be with him. (We were both in the Air Force, which for us meant lots of traveling and being geographically separated most of the time.) The Bexar Grotto's been very cool and welcoming to us, and we're looking forward to getting involved in various projects now that we've adjusted to the move. ^_^ We're also signing up for the Orientation to Cave Rescue training at Colorado Bend this Feb, since we've both got some experience with incident response and would love to learn more.

Haze and I haven't done much actual caving yet, but what we've done has been a blast, if somewhat humbling. (I've still got large bruises from a trip nearly three weeks ago.) We're in the process of gathering up our basic equipment, so I'm sure I'll be asking for suggestions in the coming weeks - once we finish reviewing all the advice everyone's already posted in the Equipment Forum.

This seems like a great group, and we're really happy to be a part of it. Look forward to chatting with you all!

>Skit<
Skitter
New Poster

NSS #: 60882
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Bexar Grotto

Re: New caver in San Antonio, TX

Postby NZcaver » Dec 23, 2008 10:38 pm

Welcome to the forum! :waving:

It's always good to hear about new cavers connecting with their local grottos and getting all beat up. :big grin: Hope you have fun at that OCR training. You might even get a few more bruises, but in my experience it's totally worth it.
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Return to Caver Introductions