ooo

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

ooo

Postby Wan8392 » Nov 2, 2008 6:20 pm

ooo
Last edited by Wan8392 on Oct 7, 2009 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wan8392
Infrequent Poster

Re: Trips in or around GA

Postby wendy » Nov 2, 2008 6:49 pm

What part of GA are you located in? If you go to caves.org you can find a grotto (caving club) in your area. That is probably the best way to get involved other than meeting the fine folks here on cave chat.
"Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time." - Tallulah Bankhead
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Postby Wan8392 » Nov 2, 2008 7:08 pm

I live in the Savannah area.
Wan8392
Infrequent Poster

Postby wendy » Nov 2, 2008 9:13 pm

I think that the closest grotto to you would be the Augusta Cave Masters http://www.caves.org/grotto/augustacavers/ There should be some sort of contact info on their website. Also there is a grotto in Middle GA and several in Florida as well.
"Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time." - Tallulah Bankhead
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Postby graveleye » Nov 3, 2008 9:20 am

I've now heard from several people in the Savannah area now. Too bad there isn't a grotto there because the interest seems to be.
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Postby Ralph E. Powers » Nov 3, 2008 9:59 am

graveleye wrote:I've now heard from several people in the Savannah area now. Too bad there isn't a grotto there because the interest seems to be.

Could be time to set one up down there, doesn't take a lot really, just an application and 5 people to make up the starting officers. They could meet beforehand for a couple times to see if there is a real interest, then go from there.
Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible. ~ Reinhold Messner

http://ralph.rigidtech.com/albums.php
Ralph E. Powers
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 37616

Return to Caver Introductions