Newb

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Newb

Postby battles2a5 » Oct 16, 2008 8:08 pm

Hi everyone. Just thought I'd drop in and say hello. I've come this way via cave diving but after exploring some of the underwater karst I have decided to check out some dry caves as well. I have done some tourist dry caving in Belize and Costa Rico, but would like to get more involved and see what's out there. I need to spend some time cruising the different forums but I'm trying to figure out how best to approach the dry stuff. I look forward to meeting some of you and learning more about it.

Cheers,
Ryan
battles2a5
Infrequent Poster

Name: Ryan Battles

Re: Newb

Postby wendy » Oct 16, 2008 10:08 pm

welcome...where you located?
"Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time." - Tallulah Bankhead
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Postby battles2a5 » Oct 17, 2008 8:47 am

I'm in Charlotte, NC.
battles2a5
Infrequent Poster

Name: Ryan Battles

Postby wendy » Oct 17, 2008 6:44 pm

I think the nearest caving grotto (club) to you is the Flittermouse Grotto in Ashville. You can get in touch with them by going to www.caves.org and clicking the link to find a grotto near you. There are many super folks in that grotto. They may also be able to point you in the direction of cavers that live in your immediate area. I also started as a cave diver turned dry caver.
"Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time." - Tallulah Bankhead
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Return to Caver Introductions