Introductions and friendships

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Introductions and friendships

Postby JNT Exploration1 » Sep 29, 2008 2:21 pm

Greetings and blessings to my fellow cavers involved in and on this forum. My family and I are new to this caving community in Kentucky and thought it proper to make appropriate introuctions. My intrest in caving stems from a great desire to explore the places in which most "normal" people refuse to wander into. I am currently exposing my family to the adventures that comes with caving. Personally I am a novice that is constantly learning new things about this art.
We are very interested in meeting and exchanging thoughts with fellow cavers and adventurers.
While I am by no means a professional caver...there must be the will to learn before one can aquire the experience in order to gain the label of professional.
I am a former Emt, search and rescue squad member.
I will end this post with this: " With adventure comes risk and with risk comes acheivment and with achievment comes...a greater desire for another adventure."
Jason _ :bat sticker:
JNT Exploration1
Frequent Poster

Name: Jason and Traca

Re: Introductions and friendships

Postby Mike Hood » Sep 29, 2008 6:39 pm

Welcome Jason! What part of Kentucky do you live in? Try to seek out the grotto nearest to you and I'm sure you'll have a great time exploring Kentucky caves.

I doubt you'll fine many who will call themselves "professional cavers" as very few do this for a living. :big grin:

Mike
Mike Hood
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Mike Hood
NSS #: 24166RL FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dayton Underground Grotto and GCG

Re: Introductions and friendships

Postby JNT Exploration1 » Sep 30, 2008 9:36 am

Mike,
Thank you for the welcome. I is must appreciated. I have located several grottos near my home and will be attempting to plug in there shortly. I believe I will enjoy this online caving community because the world is the limit and where there are holes in the ground then there are opportunities to go see what is at the end of'em and this seems to be a good way of making connections with fellow cavers that would be unreachable without this invention of the internet.
Sincerely
Jason Parks :bat sticker:
JNT Exploration1
Frequent Poster

Name: Jason and Traca

Return to Caver Introductions