Peri Frantz, NSS Secretary-Treasurer

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Peri Frantz, NSS Secretary-Treasurer

Postby Peri Frantz » Aug 23, 2008 4:48 pm

I've been lurking on CaveChat for a long time, but since I'm about to start a new discussion thread, I thought I'd better introduce myself. I started caving in the 1960s with the Oregon Grotto, and joined the San Francisco Bay Chapter (SFBC) and NSS after graduating from college in 1967. Since then I've caved primarily in California, with occasional excursions to other areas of the US, as well as Europe, China and Borneo. My husband is a caver, and we've made caving the main focus of our lives, apart from family and work. Now in my 60's the body is showing the signs of years of abuse, and my active caving has slowed down considerably. However my love of caving and all things "speleo" continues unabated, and as long as I'm able, I'll continue to give back to the caving community by serving in less active roles that are, nonetheless, important to the future of the NSS. That's enough about me. Now on to the things that matter.

:bat sticker:
Peri Frantz
Infrequent Poster

Re: Peri Frantz, NSS Secretary-Treasurer

Postby NZcaver » Aug 23, 2008 4:53 pm

Welcome to the forum, Peri. :waving:

Lurk no more! :wink:
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby Mike Hood » Aug 23, 2008 7:29 pm

Hi Peri! Glad to see you on the forum! :kewl:

Mike
Mike Hood
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Mike Hood
NSS #: 24166RL FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dayton Underground Grotto and GCG

Postby wendy » Aug 24, 2008 12:53 am

Hey Peri...hope to run into you again one day!
"Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time." - Tallulah Bankhead
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Postby Amocholes » Aug 24, 2008 6:03 am

Hi Peri
It's nice to see another family member on the board. My name is Don Frantz and your husband is probably a cousin somewhere down the line. At least I'm not the only crazy caver in the family!

Don
When facts are few and far between, hypothesis defies all logic, as to how an individual came to the conclusion, that the point that they are trying to make, is indeed true and not just the fabrications of a deluded mind.
Amocholes
Prolific Poster

Name: Don
NSS #: 49385
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Stonewall Cavers

Return to Caver Introductions