New to NSS in northwest PA

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

New to NSS in northwest PA

Postby SARmission » Aug 7, 2008 9:56 am

Hello my name is Caleb and I currently reside in Erie, PA. Started caving thanks to Bob Barbarini (not sure that the GF would tell him thanks though).

Currently I am a volunteer fire fighter, EMT and the training officer for the Northwest Pennsylvania Technical Rescue Team.

I have taken the cave rescue orientation class through Bucks County Public Safety and would like to find other classes somewhere within 5 hours of me.

Have not joined a grotto yet, closest ones are cleveland (2.5 hours) and Pittsburgh (2.5 hours). I will make a decision after doing some research about both of them.

I have loved being in the cave and am looking foward to going back. Lemon Hole in less than a month and hopefully Bear soon there after. Caving seems to suit me since many people have told me that I should wear a helmet more often...LOL!!

Just in case anybody forgot Bridge Day is less than 2 1/2 months away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kewl:
SARmission
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 60384

Re: New to NSS in northwest PA

Postby Scott McCrea » Aug 7, 2008 10:36 am

Hi Caleb,

Welcome to the NSS and Cavechat! Cleveland and Pittsburgh both have excellent, very active grottos. I started my caving career with the Cleveland Grotto, so I'm partial to them. But, Pittsburgh is closer to the caves. Just to be safe, you should join both. :big grin:
Scott McCrea
SWAYGO
Scott McCrea
Global Moderator

NSS #: 40839RL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flittermouse Grotto

Re: New to NSS in northwest PA

Postby Lost » Aug 7, 2008 9:17 pm

Hi from SE PA
Lost
Prolific Poster

Return to Caver Introductions