I'm hooked!

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: I'm hooked!

Postby caverdan » Jul 23, 2008 5:52 pm

Barbara,

From what I've heard at the CG meetings I've attended..........not all survey trips are hard core or on the outer reaches of the cave. There are quite a few shorter mop up trips that happen where beginners can tag along and learn the ropes, so to speak. Of coarse you never hear about the shorter trips......just the push trips. I'm sure Hero 1 will be fine if he gets invited and will be paired up with just the right trip leader for his ability level. :banana:
Member: Colorado Madrats, SoCoMoGro,CWSG.
caverdan
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 40262

Postby Squirrel Girl » Jul 23, 2008 6:31 pm

caverdan wrote:Barbara,

From what I've heard at the CG meetings I've attended..........not all survey trips are hard core or on the outer reaches of the cave. There are quite a few shorter mop up trips that happen where beginners can tag along and learn the ropes, so to speak. Of coarse you never hear about the shorter trips......just the push trips. I'm sure Hero 1 will be fine if he gets invited and will be paired up with just the right trip leader for his ability level. :banana:

Kewl! You'd know better than I. But ya gotta admit that the frontiers of Wind are a little daunting for a newbie. Just tryin' to make sure that nobody winds up unhappy.
Barbara Anne am Ende

"Weird people are my people."
Squirrel Girl
Global Moderator

NSS #: 15789

Postby caverdan » Jul 23, 2008 7:52 pm

Squirrel Girl wrote:  But ya gotta admit that the frontiers of Wind are a little daunting for a newbie.  Just tryin' to make sure that nobody winds up unhappy.
It's even more daunting when you get to be an oldbie........like you and me......Dr. B !   :big grin: But seriously..........How daunting can a 120 mile long cave be??  :there yet:
Member: Colorado Madrats, SoCoMoGro,CWSG.
caverdan
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 40262

Previous

Return to Caver Introductions