New NSS member in Baltimore

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

New NSS member in Baltimore

Postby Dawn M Ryan » Apr 14, 2008 5:05 pm

A new NSS member in Baltimore, MD. 21234 is looking for active cavers and a grotto. Would anyone be willing to contact this person, take him caving, show him the ropes etc?

Thanks,
Dawn Ryan
NSS Membership Committee
Dawn M Ryan
Infrequent Poster

Name: Dawn Ryan
NSS #: 50407
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Rock River Speleological Society

Re: New NSS member in Baltimore

Postby mgmills » Apr 14, 2008 6:11 pm

Dawn M Ryan wrote:A new NSS member in Baltimore, MD. 21234 is looking for active cavers and a grotto. Would anyone be willing to contact this person, take him caving, show him the ropes etc?

Thanks,
Dawn Ryan
NSS Membership Committee

Dawn, I'm confused. :?: The link at the top of this page "Find a Caving Club" shows there is a grotto (Baltimore Grotto - Fulton MD) that meets monthly. Meeting times and contact info is available at that link. Has this "new member" tried to contact the local grotto for assistance? Just curious.
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Re: New NSS member in Baltimore

Postby Dawn M Ryan » Apr 14, 2008 6:40 pm

I pointed him towards the NSS link and even the page of a grotto that had an upcoming meeting. But for some reason, that was not enough or helpful enough for him. I was hoping someone from that area could just email him, maybe invite him on a newbie trip so he could get to know folks. Maybe he's shy, who knows. I think he is concerned about how far he has to drive. He gave me this information Baltimore MD, 21234 if that helps.

Thanks,
Dawn
Dawn M Ryan
Infrequent Poster

Name: Dawn Ryan
NSS #: 50407
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Rock River Speleological Society

Return to Caver Introductions