Hi from Michigan

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Hi from Michigan

Postby djp123 » Mar 5, 2008 12:12 pm

Hello. My name is Dave and I'm from Michigan. I'm married with 2 boys.
I have always been interested in caves and never had the chance to do any exploring in Michigan.
I just got back with my 8 year old from a trip to Mammoth and we both are hooked. I decided to
join the NSS to get more info and here I am. The trip into mammoth was great but my son and I
agree we are interested in trying more of an adventure into some of the wild caves that are around.
Does anyone have any suggestions for us on some easy caves that my son and I could explore in
the southern indiana, kentucky area. Thanks very much.
djp123
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 59752

Re: Hi from Michigan

Postby Grandpa Caver » Mar 5, 2008 7:41 pm

Dave,
My grotto does an annual weekend trip to southern Indiana for some Boy Scouts from Michigan each fall. The dates vary but the trip will be in sept or oct. That's a bit of a wait but if your interested, you can PM me for more info. The caves are "kid friendly" and the trip is always a blast.

Welcome to caving and welcome to the forum.
Brian Leavell
NSS 21862FE
Grandpa Caver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Brian Leavell
NSS #: 21862FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Eastern Indiana Grotto

Postby Adam Craig » Mar 5, 2008 8:00 pm

Dave,

It may be short notice, but I'm available to show you around a cave or two in southern Indiana on March 21st. I know it's a Friday, but nothing like a cave adventure when you're "under-the weather" and can't report for regular work duty :sick:
I'm spiralling down to the hole in the ground where I hide - R. Waters
Adam Craig
Prolific Poster

NSS #: 48556
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Shallow Grotto

Postby CaverScott » Mar 6, 2008 8:06 am

Welcome! Have you thought about attending one of the local grotto meetings in your area? Just click on the "Find Local Caving Club" link at the top of this page to the right of the NSS Logo. Southern Indiana has some great caves! :kewl:
CaverScott
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 19797L
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Birmingham CIG SCCi IKC

Postby hoosiercaver1 » Apr 16, 2008 7:44 pm

Hi there, I think Grottos would be a great way to get introduced to wild caving. If you have time, check out my site at http://www.hoosiercaving.com . There's a forums section with a lot of people who cave in southern indiana and kentucky. Maybe one of our members have a good suggestion. I know I might be doin a begginer trip in early June. PM me you still want to cave in my area. Good luck!!!
http://www.hoosiercaving.webs.com

We are Halfway There!!!

Slow caving is Safe Caving!!!
hoosiercaver1
Prolific Poster

Name: John Shultheis
NSS #: 59560
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Eastern Indiana Grotto

Return to Caver Introductions