Hello from TN

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Hello from TN

Postby tenninstr » Feb 23, 2008 9:16 pm

Hi all. :waving: I am a part-time scuba instructor and cave-diving is my favorite hobby. I started dry caving in the East TN area about 6 months ago and I love it. I really enjoy vertical caving the most. I just came across this forum a week or so ago. Seems like a great place for lots of info. I had some vertical gear stolen a while back and am looking to replace it. I posted what I need in the marketplace forum. Thanks in advance for all the info and tips I am sure to get from this site.
tenninstr
Infrequent Poster

Re: Hello from TN

Postby Scott Parvin » Feb 24, 2008 4:43 pm

Hello Tenninstr!

I'm not much of a cave diver, but welcome to the forum. You'll have to keep us updated on your dives.
Scott A. Parvin
NSS 29279 RL, FE
Disclaimer -- Views expressed are mine and do not reflect the opinion of the NSS or Board of Governors.

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." Albert Einstein
Scott Parvin
Prolific Poster

NSS #: 29279 LF
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Birmingham

Postby caverwoody » Feb 29, 2008 10:35 am

what part of East Tennessee are you caving in
I'll see you underground
caverwoody
Occasional Poster

Name: Mark Woods
NSS #: 51797
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Mountain Empire Grotto

Postby tenninstr » Feb 29, 2008 6:44 pm

Knoxville/Powell and out toward Crab Orchard.
tenninstr
Infrequent Poster

Postby caverwoody » Mar 1, 2008 9:56 pm

be sure to venture up to Bristol the weekend of june5-8 for this years SERA/VAR
I'll see you underground
caverwoody
Occasional Poster

Name: Mark Woods
NSS #: 51797
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Mountain Empire Grotto

Postby Davidb101 » May 7, 2008 11:36 am

Hey I live in southeastern area I have some underground experience. I know where some very extravagant caves exist and along the Pine Mountain area with finding the caves I've found Indian artifacts the caves are cold and seem to run deep some have huge clay rooms that almost look like they have man-made steps in them at the mouth of the cave it posses the names and dates of people from the 1850's rumor has it a arrowhead made of silver was discovered there and it was 85% silver to verify that a book was written about it the arrowhead was tested by numerous jewelers. I am very familiar with the mountain. The reason for posting this is there is nobody that I know personally who does this kind of thing but if you, or anybody that you know is interested in going new places and checking out some caves that need mapping you can contact me, e-mail me for my contact information: Davidb101@live.com and we will go from there maybe get the chance to explore some more of "God's country"
-David Blakley
Davidb101
Infrequent Poster

Return to Caver Introductions