One more in Kentucky!

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

One more in Kentucky!

Postby Jagdmann » Feb 13, 2008 6:23 am

Hello folks, I just moved my business out to this part of the country and it's been quite awhile since I've had the opportunity to dive back underground. Fortunately I now live in an area that offers plenty of time and area for exploration(Natural Bridge/Red River Gorge). I'm a caver and photographer at heart but my real income is decorative concrete. At least it pays the bills and I get to try and copy mother nature. :big grin:
"Risk everything or gain nothing"
(Geoffrey De Charny, 1358)
Jagdmann
Occasional Poster

Name: Jean Jagdmann
NSS #: 59538
Primary Grotto Affiliation: BGG

Re: One more in Kentucky!

Postby InTucky » Feb 13, 2008 7:02 am

Welcome RP :waving: RRG is one of the nicest parts of kentucky. Heres a another site with some good information on the area http://www.kywilderness.com
I don't know how long it is
Yes we have to go back the same way!
Dry Socks.......Gods greatest creation!
InTucky
Frequent Poster

Name: Dustin Tandy
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Greater Cincinnati Grotto

Postby Jagdmann » Feb 13, 2008 7:23 am

InTucky, Thanks for the welcome and the extra site to check out. Although the region is still fairly new to me my family has some hardcore roots here, I've spent most of my life diving and caving other places.
"Risk everything or gain nothing"
(Geoffrey De Charny, 1358)
Jagdmann
Occasional Poster

Name: Jean Jagdmann
NSS #: 59538
Primary Grotto Affiliation: BGG

Postby Doug Bohannon » May 3, 2008 11:57 am

Great to see another Kentucky caver and another fan of the Gorge. I've been going down there for the past 30 years and the place never fails to leave me feeling rejuvenated. They don't call it "God's Country" for nothing! Welcome to the Bluegrass and I wish you many happy adventures in our fine state.
Doug Bohannon
Infrequent Poster

Name: Doug Bohannon
NSS #: 60043

Postby Davidb101 » May 7, 2008 11:33 am

Hey I live in southeastern area I have some underground experience. I know where some very extravagant caves exist and along the Pine Mountain area with finding the caves I've found Indian artifacts the caves are cold and seem to run deep some have huge clay rooms that almost look like they have man-made steps in them at the mouth of the cave it posses the names and dates of people from the 1850's rumor has it a arrowhead made of silver was discovered there and it was 85% silver to verify that a book was written about it the arrowhead was tested by numerous jewelers. I am very familiar with the mountain. The reason for posting this is there is nobody that I know personally who does this kind of thing but if you, or anybody that you know is interested in going new places and checking out some caves that need mapping you can contact me, e-mail me for my contact information: Davidb101@live.com and we will go from there maybe get the chance to explore some more of "God's country"
-David Blakley
Davidb101
Infrequent Poster

Return to Caver Introductions