Alaskan Here

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Alaskan Here

Postby selbbub78 » Feb 7, 2008 3:37 pm

... Although most people on the east coast know me. I'm Bubbles, started caving back in 1998 with SUOC, was active with the Northeast cavers, moved to NJ, joined NNJG, MET, CNJG, and Philly, somewhere in my caving I started going to VARS and started doing some caving with BATS grotto too.

Now... I'm up in alaska, braving the cold looking for caves up here (unfortunately i'm in anchorage, not much up here)...

I get a lot of time off with my job, and will travel for caves....

just an FYI...

Happy caving to all,
bubbles
selbbub78
Infrequent Poster

Name: Bubbles
NSS #: 46680
Primary Grotto Affiliation: CNJG

Re: Alaskan Here

Postby Evan G » Feb 7, 2008 4:26 pm

Hiya,

I've had some of your Bubbles Fun Shine that friend gave me, it is very scary good!!

Are you caving with Glacier Grotto at all? There where members in Anchorage a while back, but who knows they are still there. Sid Kear last time I heard was in Anchorage and is a caver plus great guy on top of it. Maybe look him up.
Evan G
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: EEG
NSS #: 28685
Primary Grotto Affiliation: NRMG

Postby NZcaver » Feb 7, 2008 4:43 pm

Welcome! :waving:

When/if I make it up that way possibly later this spring, I'll have to look you up and we'll go find some caves!
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby selbbub78 » Feb 8, 2008 3:28 am

Ahhh yes... Bubbles funshine... everyone ALWAYS loves that!!! :clap: :kewl: :laughing: :banana_yay:

And yes, please look me up when you come up... i'm always up for visitors, and the beer up here is to die for!!!

And ya i had heard that there used to be a form of a grotto up here in Anchorage, but it seems that everyone who caves is a "used to be" caver...

Last summer though... I was in Homer (really really tiny car) with my bat sticker on, and I randomly ran into someone from MET Grotto... Then I randomly ran into 2 cavers from Virginia in even a smaller town when a couple of us were talking about OTR...

Go figure... It's a small world!!!
selbbub78
Infrequent Poster

Name: Bubbles
NSS #: 46680
Primary Grotto Affiliation: CNJG

Postby nickie » Jun 6, 2012 2:09 am

I realize your post is a few years old...but, did ya meet any locals here in Homer that are cavers? I just got here, and am aching to get underground. time to go bushwhacking ...and yes, the beer is stellar :clap:

cheers,
nickie
nickie
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 65199
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Return to Caver Introductions