Hooked...

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Hooked...

Postby abakis » Jan 30, 2008 7:44 pm

There's a small cave on my family's property in Pendleton County, WV that I started to explore with some friends a couple months ago. I was intrigued by the cave because my ancestors used to have dances in it around the end of the 1800s. Since then I've caved every chance I've gotten. I always thought there was nothing to do in my hometown, now all I want to do is go back to cave... go figure. I just hit the Sinnett-Thorne system and Cave Mountain last weekend. Just got vertical gear and I'm hoping to explore some more around my area. Hopefully I'll be able to hit some pits soon.
abakis
Infrequent Poster

Name: Kenneth Nesselrodt
NSS #: 59615

Re: Hooked...

Postby Todd » Feb 3, 2008 2:51 pm

Welcome Abakis,
The cave you describe sounds like "Kenny Simmons Cave", am I right? I've only read descriptions of it, but it sounds like a neat cave with a lot of history. Lucky you! (Lucky to have a cave on family land even if it's not the one I think it is!) If you'd ever like some good photos of it, let me know... I like trying to light and photograph big rooms and I've got a bunch of real bright old flashbulbs, plus I just got a new DSLR camera this weekend that I'm dying to try out underground. I'll send you a PM with my contact info if you're interested in a little photo trip.
-Todd
Todd
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 48351

Re: Hooked...

Postby Komebeaux » Feb 3, 2008 10:24 pm

Todd, hope you need someone to help place lights :big grin:
Komebeaux
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Danny Cumbo
NSS #: 58430

Return to Caver Introductions