greetings from Ireland :)

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

greetings from Ireland :)

Postby ciarán » Nov 4, 2007 7:56 am

hey hey, I'm an Irish Caver with the UCD caving and potholing club (http://www.ucdcaving.com)
great to see you guys have such a big community going on here :kewl:
ciarán
Infrequent Poster

Postby Squirrel Girl » Nov 4, 2007 8:26 am

Hi,

I have a number of caver friends in Ireland! Four of them were on the trip to India I went on last year. Plus, another guy named Paul (forgot his last name at the moment) I met years ago, and he's a diver, too. Plus I know another cave diver from Ireland, though it's been about 10 years since we crossed paths.

Welcome!

:waving:
Barbara Anne am Ende

"Weird people are my people."
Squirrel Girl
Global Moderator

NSS #: 15789

Postby paul » Nov 6, 2007 7:49 am

Have you also had a look at UKCaving.com? This is a UK based caving forum and may also be interesting to you.

I've caved many times in Ireland (I was born in Cork but moved at an early age and now live in the
Peak District in the UK), in County Clare. I was there for a fortnight again last June.
paul
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Paul Lydon

Postby ciarán » Nov 6, 2007 12:46 pm

Squirrel Girl wrote:Hi,

I have a number of caver friends in Ireland! Four of them were on the trip to India I went on last year.

Hmmm... was one of them Des McNally??

Hey Paul, I have never seen that UK forum thanks, I'm actually planning a trip at the moment to the UK fir next March with our club, heading over to the old school house in Yorkshire. Looking forward to some real SRT :grin:
ciarán
Infrequent Poster

Postby Squirrel Girl » Nov 6, 2007 4:03 pm

ciarán wrote:Hmmm... was one of them Des McNally??

Probably. I don't remember his last name, but there was a Des, so it would have to be! Say HI--he's great!

Barbara Anne am Ende

"Weird people are my people."
Squirrel Girl
Global Moderator

NSS #: 15789

Postby paul » Nov 7, 2007 7:42 am

ciarán wrote:Hey Paul, I have never seen that UK forum thanks, I'm actually planning a trip at the moment to the UK fir next March with our club, heading over to the old school house in Yorkshire. Looking forward to some real SRT :grin:

Is that the YSS place or the one near "The Railway" pub in Ribblesdale?

My club stay at the YSS place all the time: in fact we'll be there this weekend.
paul
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Paul Lydon

Postby ciarán » Nov 7, 2007 11:04 am

yep, it's the YSS place. Just have to sort out flights now, I wonder what Ryanair's policy on several hundred meters of rope is.....
ciarán
Infrequent Poster

Postby ciarán » Nov 7, 2007 4:43 pm

Squirrel Girl wrote:
ciarán wrote:Hmmm... was one of them Des McNally??

Probably. I don't remember his last name, but there was a Des, so it would have to be! Say HI--he's great!

He played the big bother video at the Irish caving symposium the other week, it was hillarious!
ciarán
Infrequent Poster

Return to Caver Introductions