Vancouver Island Caver

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Vancouver Island Caver

Postby raz » Jul 10, 2007 12:56 pm

Hey fellow cavers, I thought I'd add my name here and get to know a few other cavers from around the world. Ive been caving for 10yrs or so but have been seriously into vertical and exploring for the last 2 years. I enjoy caving immensley. I try and get out every week if possible, but most times a couple trips a month. My name is Randy Brochu, I live on Vancouver Island in Gold River. There's lots of karst in my area and many spots unchecked. Well I guess that's my story.

If interested in caving Vancouver Island check my site at: http://www.westcoastcaving.com
raz
Infrequent Poster

Re: Vancouver Island Caver

Postby barcelonacvr » Jul 10, 2007 3:11 pm

raz wrote:Hey fellow cavers, I thought I'd add my name here and get to know a few other cavers from around the world. Ive been caving for 10yrs or so but have been seriously into vertical and exploring for the last 2 years. I enjoy caving immensley. I try and get out every week if possible, but most times a couple trips a month. My name is Randy Brochu, I live on Vancouver Island in Gold River. There's lots of karst in my area and many spots unchecked. Well I guess that's my story.

If interested in caving Vancouver Island check my site at: http://www.westcoastcaving.com

Are you with any of the clubs on the island?I did not see anything in your site.Nice site BTW
barcelonacvr
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby raz » Jul 10, 2007 5:26 pm

I'm with VICEG. I havn't done my profile yet.
raz
Infrequent Poster

Postby caverdoc » Jul 10, 2007 7:03 pm

Hey Randy
Welcome to cavechat! I remember you well from the BCCR "boot camp" cave rescue training last summer. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Gold River, so much that I plan on returning for the festivities next summer.
With any luck there will be time to see more of the local caves. I'd especially like to get back to Thanksgiving Ridge (for the graduation in-cave exercise).
See you next year!

Doc Kennedy
caverdoc
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Jay Kennedy
NSS #: 18198
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Kansas City Area Grotto + Carroll Cave Conservancy + WVACS

Postby Lechuguilla » Jul 10, 2007 8:49 pm

Hello Raz! :waving:

How is it on the Island? I heard it's pretty up there, but never been there. Going to Alberta this summer though
Lechuguilla
Infrequent Poster

Postby Wormster » Jul 11, 2007 12:41 pm

'Ow Do mate,

Welcome from over the other side of the pond.

:waving:
Madam in the morning I will be sober, but you will still be ugly.
Wormster
Frequent Poster

Postby raz » Jul 11, 2007 5:53 pm

The island is great, I love it. Wicked caving,biking,hiking,snowboarding and anything outdoors.
I love caving, it's like looking for gold!
raz
Infrequent Poster

Postby raz » Jul 11, 2007 10:05 pm

Yeah it was fun doing that course with you and the others. I have a few pics on my site of you and ross etc.
I love caving, it's like looking for gold!
raz
Infrequent Poster

Return to Caver Introductions