Howdy From Georgia

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Howdy From Georgia

Postby incavenow » May 9, 2007 9:40 pm

I can't believe I missed joining this before, but hello to everyone. Long time caver from LaFayette Georgia. I'm working my way back into shape after a recent back surgery and just taking some easy cave trips right now. Mainly doing clean-ups in Pettijohn's at the moment. Glad to be here and thanks, Jon for putting me on to this group.
On Belay
Jeff
NSS 38762
incavenow
Prolific Poster

Name: Jeff Hudson
NSS #: 38762

Postby Grandpa Caver » May 9, 2007 10:15 pm

Howdy from Hoosierland Jeff and welcome aboard.
Brian Leavell
NSS 21862FE
Grandpa Caver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Brian Leavell
NSS #: 21862FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Eastern Indiana Grotto

Postby graveleye » May 10, 2007 7:45 am

welcome aboard Jeff!
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Postby incavenow » May 10, 2007 9:44 am

Thanks ya'll..Howdy Grandpa, was born there myself, way back in '58. We moved south back around '67 and I've been here ever since. My wife is from Iowa and of course pines for the flat lands. I can do without the 18 foot snow drifts, and I'll never leave TAG!!!
incavenow
Prolific Poster

Postby adleedy » May 10, 2007 10:44 am

welcome jeff :waving:
Alan D. Leedy

E.R.V.K.E.T Life Member

SAVE CAVE RIVERS http://WWW.8RIVERSSAFEDEVELOPMENT.COM
adleedy
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: alan dwayne leedy
NSS #: 56663
Primary Grotto Affiliation: charleston grotto + ERVKET

Postby Dane » May 10, 2007 12:13 pm

Ah yes! This place is a virtual cornucopia of knowledge, opinion, and entertainment!
:cavechat:
Helped with some graffiti removal just a few weeks ago at PJ's - feels good to be able to give back just a little bit.

PMG's monthly meeting was last week, but Chattanooga's will be Monday - come on out to Ruby Falls if you can fit it into your schedule.
Dane
"Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed."
http://www.myspace.com/daneinchattanooga
Dane
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Dane
NSS #: 57919
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Chattanooga

Howdy Dane

Postby incavenow » May 15, 2007 6:34 pm

Your right. We all should try to give a little back, and many do. Also the time spent in PJ's can be used to educate some of the 'flashlight' cavers that abound there.
I really wish I could get to one of the grotto meetings. I work 2nd shift which shoots down that idea though. I do try to keep in touch with some of my grotto friends and hope to keep up on things here. I did run into a few fellow cavers at PJ's this last weekend when they were finishing the mock rescue. Definitely the number 1 place to practice. I was in one of these in '93, but I understand they did this one from 'way back in the stream levels. Don't envy them that work-out.
Everyone be advised, They pulled alot of the older ropes and handlines hanging in the cave, so be prepared to do some rigging next trip. Especially noted is the old, nasty ropes from the Raccoon Room to the stream level. They are gone, so I was informed. Some of the newer lines on the smaller nuisance drops were left.
Did that last trip mainly to test my Sten light with the Fenix L2D-ce on the side. Loved it . major bright, very light weight.
On Belay
Jeff
NSS 38762
incavenow
Prolific Poster

Return to Caver Introductions