Hello from Arkansas

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Hello from Arkansas

Postby Samper » May 8, 2007 11:18 pm

Hey guys. My name is Chuck and I'm a student at Arkansas State University. I'm currently doing work studying the grotto salamander which I'm sure some of you are familiar with. I have to do field work in quite a few caves around Mountain View and I came here through the advice of a friend to get tips from you guys. I already have my sites for study so if any of you are familiar with caves in that area we can chat about where I'll be going and I'd love to hear your opinions and thoughts on the caves. Many of them are for scientific study only so I don't know how much feedback I'll get but these are my first study sites.

Blowing Spring Cave
Gunner Cave
Hammer Springs
Herald Hollow
Biology Cave

As I said I'm new to caving so any tips or links you can give me to read will be appreciated. I'm glad to be here and hope to meet some of you in the future because I will be spending quite a bit of time underground in the next few years. I do have some gear but I'm always open to suggestions and ideas from experienced people. Thanks.
Samper
Infrequent Poster

Postby adleedy » May 9, 2007 5:45 am

welcome to the forum chuck :waving:
Alan D. Leedy

E.R.V.K.E.T Life Member

SAVE CAVE RIVERS http://WWW.8RIVERSSAFEDEVELOPMENT.COM
adleedy
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: alan dwayne leedy
NSS #: 56663
Primary Grotto Affiliation: charleston grotto + ERVKET