Hello from NH

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Hello from NH

Postby deanac24 » Mar 25, 2007 5:23 pm

My name is Deana and I live in the state of NH with hubby and 14 year old son. I have never done any type of caving but it has always been an interest of mine. I know this may sound crazy but I love bats.
deanac24
Infrequent Poster

Postby Dane » Mar 25, 2007 9:08 pm

Welcome to CaveChat!:waving:
It may sound crazy, but we have a whole section devoted to batophiles like yourself! :bat:
BTW, have you tried to find Tim McGraw's house w/ GoogleEarth????
(saw your post on the subject)
Anyway - welcome - there is plethora of information in a concise format here - you can whittle away hours without even realizing it!

:cofee:
Dane
"Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed."
http://www.myspace.com/daneinchattanooga
Dane
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Dane
NSS #: 57919
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Chattanooga

Postby NZcaver » Mar 25, 2007 9:20 pm

Welcome! :waving:

Try connecting with local cavers sometime, and maybe you can get on a trip. Information on the Southern New Hampshire Grotto, and the neighboring Boston Grotto, can be found here.

http://www.caves.org/io/iolookup.php?state=NH

There are also grottos (local chapters of the National Speleological Society) located in Vermont, Connecticut, and upstate New York - to name a few. Most of the folks don't bite, and you'll likely be welcome to join them on a beginner-level trip if you don't mind a little driving to get there. You may even get to visit some bats.

Good luck! :grin:
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby bndgeek » Mar 25, 2007 10:29 pm

What part of NH are you in?

I recently transplanted to Atlanta (which is an excellent area to be in for caving), but I lived in NH for a really long time (Merrimack), and Boston for a bit after. However this was all before I started caving. I still go up there pretty frequently and would love to visit some caves next time I go up there.
bndgeek
Infrequent Poster

Return to Caver Introductions