Southeast Caver new to the forum...

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Southeast Caver new to the forum...

Postby missiongravity » Mar 14, 2007 10:01 am

And fairly new to caving. Went a few times about ten years ago in high school. Have recently gotten into it with a little more fervor. I am currently in Columbia SC but spend every weekend in the mountains of NC and TN. I am an Downhill Mountain Biker and class V whitewater kayaker.

I recently started caving more frequently because there hasnt been enough water to go kayaking on a regular basis and I ride almost every weekend and wanted something to do that was very different.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and going caving more often.
missiongravity
Infrequent Poster

Postby adleedy » Mar 14, 2007 10:05 am

hello! :waving:
Alan D. Leedy

E.R.V.K.E.T Life Member

SAVE CAVE RIVERS http://WWW.8RIVERSSAFEDEVELOPMENT.COM
adleedy
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: alan dwayne leedy
NSS #: 56663
Primary Grotto Affiliation: charleston grotto + ERVKET

Postby CaverScott » Mar 16, 2007 8:13 am

Welcome! :cavingrocks:
CaverScott
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 19797L
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Birmingham CIG SCCi IKC

Postby wendy » Mar 17, 2007 1:29 am

Cool I kayak too, but I do the nice easy slow Florida rivers kayaking. Sometimes I even get to kayak to the caves i go to.

Welcome to the board.
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Postby Andy Shoun » Mar 19, 2007 7:53 am

Hey man, sounds like to like you drive past Greenville (Spartanburg) on your way to the mountains. I'd be happy to help you get started underground. Also, we have a Grotto in SC and two in western NC. All good people who enjoy the sport.
-Not all who wander are lost.
Andy Shoun
Frequent Poster

Postby missiongravity » Mar 19, 2007 3:47 pm

Hi all,
Thanks for the warm welcome. I have been spending a decent portion of the past seven weekends underground and have really enjoyed adding another activity to the already overly long list of things to spend money and time doing.

So far it has been worth it everytime, its pretty awesome to be able to go somewhere with someone and spends hours doing something with that person and not see another person the whole time. And other times going and meeting new people and finding whole new rooms and crawls and connections.

If anyone has suggestions for fun and technical caves within two hours of Asheville in any direction other than Worley's I would love to hear them. Looking for lots of technical belly crawls, tight passages and muddy bottoms!!!

Moffatt
missiongravity
Infrequent Poster

Return to Caver Introductions