Greetings from State College, PA

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Greetings from State College, PA

Postby Mirth Beneath the Earth » Mar 7, 2007 8:06 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new to the board here and wanted to say hi. I'm currently a senior studying geology at Penn State University and a 4-year member of the Nittany Grotto. Karst is a passion, fetish, and professional interest of mine - I hope to make it a career. As soon as I scrape together enough money (college, mind you) I'll be an official member of the NSS. That's all for now I suppose.

Jason
Mirth Beneath the Earth
Frequent Poster

Name: Jason
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Nittany Grotto

Postby Herman Miller » Mar 8, 2007 3:27 am

welcome to the board Jason, and congratulations on being so close to graduating, I looked "briefly" into making my passion for caving into a career and found that sedimentology, hydrology, and biology bring you closest. Living in PA you are blessed with great caves or atleast thats what cavemud informs me. Understandably school is your first concern but if you find time later this year I'd assure you that convention this year in indiana will be a wonderful experience, you can find more information at
http://www.nss2007.com
best caving to you and welcome to the board
Herman Miller NSS# 55273SU BOG Candidate 2010, 2012
Herman Miller
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: herman miller
NSS #: 55273
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Permian Basin Speleological Society

Postby MUD » Mar 8, 2007 9:33 am

Your right close to some of PA's premier caves....I hope your doin' some of them! You could study karst hydrology there for many moons...Good luck on your degree...welcome aboard! :waving:
MUD
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: None

Return to Caver Introductions