Hey!

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Hey!

Postby monicak » Dec 20, 2006 6:36 pm

Hi I am Monica.
I started caving when my family went to Niagra Falls when I was 5. Later I went on a college outing club cave trip and loved it. I was a Charter member of the short lived, Meadville Moles Grotto in PA. Then I moved to New Jersey I joined the Philly Grotto in the 1980's. It seems I have been away from caving while I took care of Aging family members and had my own kids. They are now old enough to appreciate rocks and caves.

We all enjoyed Cave of the Wind a commercial operation under the falls. My dad was a photographer and he loved the falls. Back at home my parents refused to take me to the local show cave. I was told no repeatedly and so were my siblings. I realize now that I still have not visted that cave and I've put it on my list. monica
monicak
Occasional Poster

Postby Phil Winkler » Dec 21, 2006 8:27 am

Welcome, Monica,

What local cave are you referring to? Crystal Cave in PA? Have you ever seen Delaware's cave?
Phil Winkler
13627 FE
Phil Winkler
Global Moderator

NSS #: 13627FE

Postby monicak » Dec 21, 2006 9:02 am

It is called Lost River Caverns in Hellertown PA. http://www.lostcave.com/ Mom and Dad would say no we can't go there we'd get lost. And being a kid I figured the road trip getting there would be bad! As if the signs would lead you on a wild goose chase leading to a sign saying "yep your lost now!" After a few years I realized that Mom and Dad just had a few pat answers for difficult questions.

I have never seen the Delaware cave nor have I visted to the caves in New Jersey. I did see a bunch in western Pa and then in West Virgina and Kentucky.
I have a caves-to-see list and the kids are interested. We are conquering car sickness with a movies on a portable DVD player. Watching all the trees go by makes my youngest unhappy.
Thanks for the Welcome!
monicak
Occasional Poster

Return to Caver Introductions