I still consider myself a new caver

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

I still consider myself a new caver

Postby Vertigo » Sep 28, 2006 8:40 pm

I have been on about thirty-something caving trips, but I've only been caving for about a year. I've only been on three vertical caving trips so far. I looking forward to a lot more time underground.
When I was younger, maybe 10 or so, my family went to Carlsbad Caverns. It was here that I fell in love with caves. I heard about Lechugilla cave and immediately wanted to go. The idea of seeing things that only a few people have ever seen enchanted me. I also liked the idea of spending days underground on an expedition and wondered how people got the supplies through the cave. I was really bummed when I found out I couldn't go on the "wild" cave trips. I was too young.
So I forgot about caving for a long time until last year a friend of mine asked me to go caving with him. So here I am. :grin: :caver:
Vertigo
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Welcome on board, "New Caver!"

Postby Ernie Coffman » Sep 28, 2006 8:48 pm

Welcome on board, CAVER 86! Hope you'll enjoy many years of great, safe caving and one of these days, you'll be on one of those Lechie trips that you only have read about. Hopefully, by now, you've joined up with a grotto and are an NSS member, to boot! You'll see a lot of great articles and pictures in the NSS NEWS, so...if not, definitely do it!
Faraway Ern in Oregon Territory :patriotic2:
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Caver Introductions