First Cave Experience was in Kentucky

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

First Cave Experience was in Kentucky

Postby Bigbass101 » Dec 16, 2019 9:21 am

I'm not sure what happened, but I tried to post in another forum and it didn't show up. Go figure. lol I definitely don't qualify as a caver, but my wife Tina and I had our first cave experience the end of October. We were visiting Kentucky and heard about Mammoth Cave. While the process of looking that up we came across a smaller less known cave called Crystal Onyx. What a beautiful cave and we actually had the privilege of being guided by the man (Scott Sendtko) who reopened the cave that was discovered in the 1960's. We never realized who beautiful the formations are inside of a cave. Scott did a wonderful job with the lighting in his cave to show this. I think we are hooked on going seeing more after that. We did go see Mammoth Cave too. That was a fascinating cave just due to the size of it and it's history. Looking forward to learning more about caves on this chat.
Sincerely Rick & Tina

If your interested in seeing what Crystal Onyx looked like. I did make a pretty cool video that showed all the different formations inside the cave. The link is below

https://youtu.be/RnOXoIVwLUY
Bigbass101
Infrequent Poster

Re: First Cave Experience was in Kentucky

Postby ohiocaver » Jan 1, 2020 9:22 am

Hope to see you underground again soon! :cavingrocks:
ohiocaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: curt harler
NSS #: 22735RCLFe
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Cleveland Grotto MAKC

Re: First Cave Experience was in Kentucky

Postby Bigbass101 » Jan 3, 2020 9:47 am

Definitely will be. We are already planning our trips for 2020.
Bigbass101
Infrequent Poster

Return to Caver Introductions