Introduction from Sharon Keener 19283

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Introduction from Sharon Keener 19283

Postby SharonKeener » Oct 21, 2019 2:47 am

Hello all you cavers,
I began caving in 1974, but I was unaware of the NSS until a little later on in my caving adventures. I attended the first TAG Fall Cave-In, and I attended my first OTR in 1987. I have also been to some wonderful NSS conventions. My most exciting cave trips were to Carlsbad off the beaten paths of the tourists, and exploring several virgin caves and the first steps in the Sohn Shine extension of Pettyjohn. Thinking that my health would be fine in my older years, I purchased 25 acres in Lafayette, GA in 1996 for my retirement. Before not being able to cave anymore or do much of anything, my land was absolutely magnificent and Pigeon Mountain was easily seen from my property. I witness 2 steam plums on Pigeon from the front porch of one mobile home. I need some work on my home in Smyrna, GA, so I am letting the property go at a ridiculously low price due to vandalism that I can not afford to fix. The property has 1 mobile home in fair condition, a 2 car garage, a 1500 sq ft metal building, and a three bedroom underground house. ALL buildings in need of repair, and 1 mobile home needs to be removed from the property. I paid $67,500 in 1996 for the entire place, but I had to spend $3,000 to remove a burned down house that came with the property. The property was placed on the market at one point for way over $119,000....before the vandals got a hold of it. I am laying this all on the line and being truthful about having to sell, but I would love for the land to stay in the Caver family. I am selling the property without a realtor for $25,000, but I must sell before Nov 25, 2019. Anyone truly interested (and not curiosity seekers) call me at 404-430-1301
SharonKeener
New Poster

NSS #: 19283

Re: Introduction from Sharon Keener 19283

Postby trogman » Oct 21, 2019 4:21 pm

Hi Sharon:
Private message sent.

Trogman :helmet:
trogman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Stephen Brewer
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Gadsden Grotto