Hello From NE Kentucky

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Hello From NE Kentucky

Postby mullannix930 » Mar 24, 2019 1:34 pm

Hi all. I am new here, and just getting back into caving after a long break (18 years or so). Unfortunately I am having trouble finding a group near me. I am having trouble getting touch with the grotto in my area. Even though they have listed meetings just up the road from me (literally at the end of my street) I cant seem to make it to a meeting due to work, and I can't find contact info.

That being said. I love caving and rappelling. I haven't done any vertical caving, due to lack of training, other than with a haul system like used in rope rescue (i'm a Firefighter/Paramedic). I am getting my first dedicated cave harness and am working on putting a ropewalker together but hope to find some locals who can help me along the learning path. I am in Greenup county KY (within about a half hr from Carter caves) and know of a few private land caves that I would love to investigate. If yo are in the area, and would like to help me re learn, let me know and we can get to exploring.
mullannix930
Infrequent Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: ESSO Grotto

Re: Hello From NE Kentucky

Postby GroundquestMSA » Mar 24, 2019 9:27 pm

I do a lot of stuff in Carter. I'll pm my email and we can talk.
GroundquestMSA
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Caver Introductions