New to Utah!!

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

New to Utah!!

Postby Tarzan1966 » Nov 11, 2016 5:30 am

I haven't been using this forum for a couple years now and even when I did, I did not utilize it like I should have. However, I've got my caving itch back and I'm in a new state! Figured I'd stop by and say hi! I'm from Ohio, moved to Denver (hated it), so now I'm living in Salt Lake City. I've only explored one small cave here and went freediving in Meadow Hot Springs if that counts (only 26 feet deep). This weekend will be my first actual cave trip with a grotto. I'm meeting some members of the Salt Lake Grotto to check out a beginner cave. Doesn't sound like my typical type of cave. But I guess these locals don't know me beans from apple butter, so I can't blame them for not wanting to take me into a more advanced cave right off the bat. Plus, at least it's underground! If you live anywhere near the SLC area, hit me up! Or, chances are I'll see ya eventually on a Salt Lake Grotto trip.
Tarzan1966
Infrequent Poster

Name: Johnny Tarzan Copley
NSS #: 65008
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Salt Lake Grotto

Re: New to Utah!!

Postby ohiocaver » Nov 16, 2016 9:51 pm

I've been hearing stories about you since you deserted Cleveland Grotto for the Western Deserts!
ohiocaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: curt harler
NSS #: 22735RCLFe
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Cleveland Grotto MAKC

Postby CaverScott » Nov 18, 2016 11:14 am

Hang in there. Western Caving is worth the trouble. Lots of great caves and cavers out that way. - :grin:

Former San Francisco Bay Chapter Grotto Member.
CaverScott
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 19797L
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Birmingham CIG SCCi IKC

Postby Tarzan1966 » Dec 17, 2016 2:34 am

I've been to a couple out here in Utah. One of which was with the local grotto. They're definitely different from the ones back east, but still a blast! Hoping to get back under ground in January sometime!
Tarzan1966
Infrequent Poster

Name: Johnny Tarzan Copley
NSS #: 65008
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Salt Lake Grotto

Return to Caver Introductions