Hello from Washington

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Hello from Washington

Postby godofspeed » Nov 19, 2014 12:06 pm

Hello everyone! I'm Steve from Washington. I have been caving for around 4 years and never known that a forum like this existed. I stumbled across it looking for caving rope suggestion. My love for caving started out of sheer boredom. I am a big avid of mountain biking and during the rainy months where I didn't feel like peddling I would easily become bored. I needed something to do! I heard that there were caves on Mount Saint Helen, so my friend Eric and I decided to grab some lights and drove up to Ape Caves. The feeling that you get going underground for the first time and hearing all the different sounds and seeing things you never seen before was major rush. That is when I fell in love with caving and I was hooked. I ended up doing research and realized that there were numerous caves around Mount Adam. So I spent most of my time driving around looking for caves. To date I have been in numerous caves that I lost track, Generally around the PACNW region, but will probably start venturing out and checking other caves. If anyone is in the area and want to explore or want some info, please feel free to contact me. Until then. Happy Caving!!!
Steve
godofspeed
Infrequent Poster

Re: Hello from Washington

Postby CaverScott » Nov 20, 2014 1:22 pm

You are from one of the few states I have never been underground in. Got you surrounded though! (Idaho and Oregon)

:bananabat:

Welcome!

:cave softly:
CaverScott
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 19797L
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Birmingham CIG SCCi IKC

Postby caver.adam » Nov 20, 2014 3:57 pm

Welcome to the forum!
caver.adam
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: Louisville Grotto

Postby ohiocaver » Nov 21, 2014 9:44 am

check out the Cascade Grotto http://www.cascadegrotto.org or the Willamette Valley Grotto at http://www.caves.org/grotto/wvg/index.htm . You'll meet some good cavers there (not as hard-core as we Ohio cavers...but good people nonetheless :laughing: )
ohiocaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: curt harler
NSS #: 22735RCLFe
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Cleveland Grotto MAKC

Postby godofspeed » Dec 3, 2014 3:25 pm

Thanks everyone for all the info and welcome. :kewl:
godofspeed
Infrequent Poster

Postby Caving Guru » Dec 3, 2014 10:30 pm

Or the Cascade Grotto Facebook Group-https://www.facebook.com/groups/116873535138562/?ref=br_tf
Caving Guru
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Caver Introductions