Missoula, Montana

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Missoula, Montana

Postby jakebaustin » Jun 1, 2014 10:15 pm

Hello Everyone I'm jacob. I'm 24 years old and I'm looking for people willing to take a newbie under their wing. With the exception of The Lewis & Clark Caverns and Ruby Falls I have absolutely no caving experience. Or climbing experience. But I do a lot of hiking, some backpacking, and skydiving. If anyone in NW montana Is interested in showing me the ropes feel free to email me at jakebaustin@gmail.com.
jakebaustin
New Poster

Re: Missoula, Montana

Postby caver.adam » Jun 2, 2014 8:11 am

The easiest way to get to know people is to go to a local grotto meeting (if there is an active one near you). You can find a list from the NSS or google. http://www.nssio.org/Find_Grotto.cfm.
caver.adam
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: Louisville Grotto

Postby caver.adam » Jun 2, 2014 8:11 am

If there isn't one near you, we can help you find some more info.
caver.adam
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: Louisville Grotto

Postby gindling » Jun 2, 2014 9:12 am

The Northern Rocky Mountain Grotto has members in Missoula and other cities in Montana. Look us up and join! There are a few grotto trips planned this summer starting very soon. We only have one official meeting a year at Lewis and Clark Caverns but there are pub nights in Bozeman, Billings, and Missoula and every now and then some rope training. There is a Facebook page for the grotto as well. Alpine caving season is just starting!

http://nrmg.cavesofmontana.org/
gindling
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 53629
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Northern Rocky Mountain Grotto

Return to Caver Introductions