Looking to link cavers in Eastern Georgia and South Carolina

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Looking to link cavers in Eastern Georgia and South Carolina

Postby msm0711 » Dec 22, 2013 5:28 pm

Hi all! My name is Michael. I'm a long time climber who got bitten by the caving bug after a trip into Pettyjohn's in north west Georgia. I've been caving for about 2 years now. The hardest part for me has been finding information on caves and safe caving techniques. Due to some harshness from "formal cavers", I had been reluctant to join any organizations, but have recently joined the NSS. Due to the distance between my area and any sizeable karst, we don't have a grotto in our area. However, there is an abundance of interest in caving in the general populace of this area (we call it the low country, Charleston, SC to Savannah, GA, app.) and we have a sizeable group of cavers who cave together. One of my "New Year's Resolutions" for 2014 is to get a grotto up and running in our area. Hopefully the information on this forum will help us toward that goal. If anyone in my areas sees this post, feel free to drop me a line!
msm0711
Frequent Poster

Name: Michael McBride
NSS #: 65541

Re: Looking to link cavers in Eastern Georgia and South Caro

Postby starsea » Jul 6, 2014 1:28 pm

starsea
Infrequent Poster

Return to Caver Introductions