Hi from Chattanooga!

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Hi from Chattanooga!

Postby kittenz1 » May 20, 2013 1:10 am

Hi all!

I am Kat (Katrina Daoud) from Chattanooga and have been a caver, both active and not so much recently, since around 1989. I have served in the Chattanooga Grotto and am a sustaining member in the NSS along with my husband, George. I love caving mainly because nothing else gives me the feeling I get when I'm underground and I love the sights, mud and especially the hospitality and friendship of my fellow cavers.

Aging and the accompanying medical problems in my case have prevented me from getting underground in a long time but the mud is still in my blood and I keep in touch with my fellow cavers when possible. Once I finish up with my doctors, I hope to get back underground again, maybe not as hardcore as in the past, but a little is better than nothing at all!

I also travel to the country of Lebanon every year for a month or so and they have some amazing caves here and I'd love to explore some of them too in the future! The famous commercial cave system Jeita Grotto takes my breath away and I bet there are many more here as amazing and beautiful. All of the formations there are quite large and all vanilla-ice-cream white and many of them full of calcite crystals that sparkle like diamonds. If you are not familiar with this gem, look it up! It was nominated for one of the new seven wonders of the world recently.

Happy caving and hope to see many of you in the future! Maybe at TAG. :-)

Thanks!
Kat
kittenz1
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 34138
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Chattanooga Grotto

Re: Hi from Chattanooga!

Postby graveleye » May 20, 2013 7:46 am

Welcome to the forum Kat!
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Re: Hi from Chattanooga!

Postby hank moon » May 20, 2013 10:23 am

Hi Kat! I hope you can get back out there ASAP. And hey, I didn't know George was a caver - cool!

hank
hank moon
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Caver Introductions