new guy from Romania

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

new guy from Romania

Postby Octavian » Apr 21, 2013 6:30 am

Hello, my name is Voda Octavian, i am a caver and i'm enrolled in a Work & Travel program . So i'm going to work in your country and hopefully to do the travelling part also but at the beginning of september . My work location is Myrtle Beach , SC. I was wondering if there is any caving/Speleo club near by or if i may take contact with the nearest caving club .I really want to visit one or two caves before i come back in my country.So who should i talk to ?
Octavian
New Poster

Re: new guy from Romania

Postby PYoungbaer » Apr 23, 2013 2:09 pm

Welcome, Voda! What part of Romania are you from? My wife's ancestors are from Iasi, and we spent a couple weeks traveling through the country. Went to a some caves in the Carpathian mountains.

Re: Myrtle Beach, try connecting with the Flittermouse Grotto or South Carolina Interstate Grotto. Go back to the NSS Home Page: www.caves.org and click on the "Find a Caving Club" link. You'll find contact information there.
PYoungbaer
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 16161 CM FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Vermont Cavers Association

Postby trogman » Apr 23, 2013 2:25 pm

That SC bunch is a pretty active group, although South Carolina has very few caves to speak of. Occasionally they travel over here to TAG to do some of our classic caves.

Trogman :helmet:
trogman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Stephen Brewer
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Gadsden Grotto

Postby Caving Guru » Apr 23, 2013 8:01 pm

I believe that the closest grotto to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina is the Triangle Troglodytes Grotto in Raleigh, North Carolina. This is about a 3 hour and 20 minute drive. However, the Augusta Cave Masters Grotto in Augusta, Georgia (the second closest grotto to Myrtle Beach) is closer to the best caving (known as the TAG region where the states of Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia come together) but it takes about 20 minutes more to get there. The state of Georgia is also where the deepest pit in the continental United States is.
Caving Guru
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Caver Introductions