Hej from Sweden!

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Hej from Sweden!

Postby Johannes » Aug 10, 2012 9:32 am

Hej there!

I'm Johannes, long-time lurker at Cavechat (since 2006...), so I guess it's time to present myself, esp after my first two or three posts here the last very few days. I'm Swedish, and still lives in Sweden, never been caving in USA actually, but been member of NSS for some time (great publications you have!). Best caves in Sweden are, a little unfortunate, in Norway, so there is where I have spent most of my caving. But I started caving in some of the gigantic (relatively) Central-Swedish boulder caves in 1984, when I was twelve; my own homecave is Bodagrottorna (2,6km of veritable maze under the boulders!). I had a few years of nearly no caving in the early 2000's when I finished my ph.d. in botany, but I was reborn as caver again in 2006. Since then I have been to Norway, Mongolia, Iran, Laos and now latest (still!) Swaziland on caving expeditions (and been recreation caving in some other countries, in particular southern Poland, as well). My interests in caving has strongly moved toward the scientific aspects, in particular the biogeology of speleothems, but also speleobiology and, well, most other things speleology... (after this Swazi-trip I guess I can add granite weathering and deep-weathering). But cave surveying and explorations are still my main interest, although my biggest find so far is now almost 20 years back in time, when I together with a friend found Tjoravekrajgge in northern Norway, the now longest cave in Scandinavia (about 25km long and counting). It will be fun to see what the furture have to offer! :grin:

Cheers,

Johannes :waving:
Johannes Lundberg
Stockholm, Sweden
www.johanneslundberg.se
www.speleo.se
Johannes
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 35146

Re: Hej from Sweden!

Postby graveleye » Aug 10, 2012 10:37 am

welcome to the forum!!
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Re: Hej from Sweden!

Postby Caving Guru » Apr 28, 2014 7:20 am

Johannes wrote:Hej there!

I'm Johannes, long-time lurker at Cavechat (since 2006...), so I guess it's time to present myself, esp after my first two or three posts here the last very few days. I'm Swedish, and still lives in Sweden, never been caving in USA actually, but been member of NSS for some time (great publications you have!). Best caves in Sweden are, a little unfortunate, in Norway, so there is where I have spent most of my caving. But I started caving in some of the gigantic (relatively) Central-Swedish boulder caves in 1984, when I was twelve; my own homecave is Bodagrottorna (2,6km of veritable maze under the boulders!). I had a few years of nearly no caving in the early 2000's when I finished my ph.d. in botany, but I was reborn as caver again in 2006. Since then I have been to Norway, Mongolia, Iran, Laos and now latest (still!) Swaziland on caving expeditions (and been recreation caving in some other countries, in particular southern Poland, as well). My interests in caving has strongly moved toward the scientific aspects, in particular the biogeology of speleothems, but also speleobiology and, well, most other things speleology... (after this Swazi-trip I guess I can add granite weathering and deep-weathering). But cave surveying and explorations are still my main interest, although my biggest find so far is now almost 20 years back in time, when I together with a friend found Tjoravekrajgge in northern Norway, the now longest cave in Scandinavia (about 25km long and counting). It will be fun to see what the furture have to offer! :grin:

Cheers,

Johannes :waving:

Pretty impressive that you discovered the longest cave in Scandinavia.
Caving Guru
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Caver Introductions