AMMO Troop Caver

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

AMMO Troop Caver

Postby angelofwar » Jul 20, 2012 10:15 pm

Just wanted to say hi! 2 short tours overseas, two tours too Iraq, and a new daddy, my cave time has been limited the last few years, and the itch is getting the better of me. I'm looking to check out some of the caves in east TN when I head there for a TDY (so, if you have any info on readily accesible ones, it would be greatly appreciated). Anyways, I started out checking out a few caves in my home state of AR, since I had always been an avid outdoorsman, but my love for caving really took off when I got stationed in Iceland for a year. I was able to check out some rather unique lava-tube caves, and went 7-8 times during my time there.

Anyways, look forward to spending some time on hear, and to seeing some beautiful cave pics and meeting those who share the same enthusiasm for one of natures most beautiful gifts!
angelofwar
Infrequent Poster

Re: AMMO Troop Caver

Postby Squirrel Girl » Jul 21, 2012 6:59 am

Welcome to Cave Chat. Congrats on the new baby. Thanks for your service, and have fun in the caves.

I know some people in AR. Have you contacted a grotto yet?

http://www.nssio.org/find_grotto_overview.cfm?state=AR
Barbara Anne am Ende

"Weird people are my people."
Squirrel Girl
Global Moderator

NSS #: 15789

Postby BrianFrank » Jul 23, 2012 8:29 pm

I appreciate your service to the country!
All TAG cavers join http://www.SCCI.org. A small price for a GREAT resource.
BrianFrank
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Brian
NSS #: 52121
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby angelofwar » Jul 25, 2012 3:45 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome! Looking forward to my first real caving trip in a while this weekend. Gonna take a few guys to Elben(Eblen?) cave in Tennessee, and if they like it, we'll check out a few more. I'll try to share some pics!
angelofwar
Infrequent Poster

Return to Caver Introductions