Hey Guys

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Hey Guys

Postby Smells_Familiar » Dec 29, 2011 1:10 am

Well howdy,

Pretty new around here. My first intro post was denied for some reason a few months ago, so here comes round dos.
I'm a single dad who's been interested in getting back into caving for years...but none of my wimpy friends want to get down and dirty. Found the Central Indiana Grotto and now I'm a member. We (son and I) attended a grotto trip a few months ago and have since been amassing more gear including vertical and trying to coordinate my work schedule with grotto trips. I believe we'll be able to make the vertical workshop on Saturday the 7th.

I look forward to meeting many of you in person and contributing on the forum (already caved with Dean, a nice and quite tall gentleman).

Best,

Adam
Last edited by Smells_Familiar on Dec 31, 2011 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Smells_Familiar
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 64838
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Central Indiana Grotto

Re: Hey Guys

Postby Cody JW » Dec 29, 2011 11:07 am

You should be in good hands with The Central Indiana Grotto. Lots of good people in that group. You might also check out The Eastern Indiana Grotto. EIG is a smaller and less formal group.
It only takes one person to surrender a dog to a kill shelter ,but it takes many to rescue it.
Cody JW
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Jeff Cody
NSS #: 23961

Postby Smells_Familiar » Jan 7, 2012 9:10 pm

Thanks Jeff!

Yeah, everyone seems very nice so far. I took my son to the annual CIG vertical workshop today and we both had a chance to get on rope. We ascended and descended with a Texas rig. It was easy and fun. There were probably 30 to 40 people there when we arrived. Were you there? I see you're from Indy and figure you may be a CIG member.
Smells_Familiar
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 64838
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Central Indiana Grotto

Postby Herman Miller » Jan 8, 2012 1:08 pm

Congratulations on getting into a healthy hobby and glad you have found a good bunch of ppl with the CIG. Welcome to the forums as well
Herman Miller NSS# 55273SU BOG Candidate 2010, 2012
Herman Miller
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: herman miller
NSS #: 55273
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Permian Basin Speleological Society

Return to Caver Introductions