New Caver in Missouri

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

New Caver in Missouri

Postby csusnir3954 » Oct 23, 2011 8:49 pm

Hi,

my name is Chris and i just moved to Missouri on my wifes military orders. Since moving here, i have been looking for things to do and since i live in the middle of a national forest area, i decided to bring back my old hobbies of hiking and camping. One of my friends told me that Missouri is the cave state and it is totaly awesome to explore caves. So after some research and finding a local group that goes caving i plan to start my exploring as soon as all my safety gear arrives in the mail. I hope that i can take cave exploring as far as i can, and learn and try new things through it like cave diving. I look forward to reading your post and learning as much as possiable.

Chris Susnir
csusnir3954
Infrequent Poster

Name: Chris Susnir

Re: New Caver in Missouri

Postby Chads93GT » Oct 24, 2011 8:58 am

Welcome to Missouri. I suggest getting involved with one of your local grottos. Where do you live at.
Chads93GT
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Phil Winkler » Oct 24, 2011 9:14 am

Hi, Chris, are you at Ft Leonard Wood. That's where I started my caving many years ago.
Phil Winkler
13627 FE
Phil Winkler
Global Moderator

NSS #: 13627FE

Postby csusnir3954 » Oct 24, 2011 1:57 pm

Yeah my wife is stationed at Fort Leonard Wood. I am getting involved with a group based out of Rolla and am starting the meetings this week. Not to mention getting back into shape for this sort of thing, so no verticle caving for me just yet.
csusnir3954
Infrequent Poster

Name: Chris Susnir

Postby Chads93GT » Oct 24, 2011 6:17 pm

Get in with Tyler Allen and his crew and they can bring you my way to the big caves in the state eventually. A lot of hem are also on the Carroll cave projec with spike.
Chads93GT
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby boogercaver71 » Oct 24, 2011 9:23 pm

csusnir3954 wrote:Yeah my wife is stationed at Fort Leonard Wood. I am getting involved with a group based out of Rolla and am starting the meetings this week. Not to mention getting back into shape for this sort of thing, so no verticle caving for me just yet.

They are a great bunch of people, and very active in cave surveying.
boogercaver71
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 19471

Return to Caver Introductions