Any cavers from Louisiana?

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Any cavers from Louisiana?

Postby seachelle » Sep 1, 2011 3:34 pm

I believe there are only 2 states that don't have caves: Rhode Island, and my home state... Louisiana! Unfortunate, but I like to travel so it could be worse. I'm a new spelunker and I'm out to meet other spelunkers. If you're in the area, post here and maybe we can put a trip together! I and at least 3 other people are planning a trip to Tennessee over Thanksgiving.
seachelle
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 63404

Re: Any cavers from Louisiana?

Postby Phil Winkler » Sep 1, 2011 4:18 pm

In the early 80s there was a New Orleans Speleological Society with NOSS numbers and everything.

Delaware has only one cave and it is not in limestone.
Phil Winkler
13627 FE
Phil Winkler
Global Moderator

NSS #: 13627FE

Postby RBlank » Sep 16, 2011 7:18 pm

Im from New Orleans, born and raised, but now live in Nashville....... new to caving in this area but saw that you were headed here in Nov. Maybe we could meet up to explore some of the local area caves. Heads up though, WNS has a lot of the state caves closed again this year for the 3rd year in a row, so take that into consideration when choosing where you are planning to cave. GLuck.
RBlank
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 61429

Postby Caving Guru » Apr 28, 2014 8:18 am

seachelle wrote:I believe there are only 2 states that don't have caves: Rhode Island, and my home state... Louisiana! Unfortunate, but I like to travel so it could be worse. I'm a new spelunker and I'm out to meet other spelunkers. If you're in the area, post here and maybe we can put a trip together! I and at least 3 other people are planning a trip to Tennessee over Thanksgiving.

There are actually a couple caves in Louisiana and Rhode Island. Here is a link to caving in Louisiana titled "Caving In North Louisiana":
http://noadventure.com/2012/01/10/cavin ... louisiana/
Caving Guru
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Caver Introductions