From Western PA

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

From Western PA

Postby Isolas » May 22, 2011 9:24 pm

Hey, just getting to know the forums by introducing myself

I've been underground a few times, I started out with stillhouse in randolph county WV, which is a great cave to start out in. The second time in it, we found the sinks entrance but didn't want to be completely soaked, so we didn't make it far. I also traveled into lewis wetzel cave, after being too excited about caving to read the key on the map and realized it was no more than 50 feet long. I don't even think it should be called a cave, just more of a glorified rock shelter. Also I got a little uneasy after entering it to see that some large sticks were being used as supports... Lastly, I've been in Casparis, which is a very nice cave, and seeing I'm enrolled at Penn state fayette, it's nice knowing there's a cave so close to me. It took us about two or three hours to find that one, because we decided it couldn't be along the trail lol, and only got to check out the entrance really. Yesterday we did a full trip through it, with 10 people, my biggest group so far. It's a very nice cave, although a little tricky at times, but the waterfall in the back is pretty awesome.
Isolas
Infrequent Poster

Return to Caver Introductions