Kazoo Kavers

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Kazoo Kavers

Postby kazookaver » Apr 23, 2011 12:44 pm

Greetings fellow cavers - I am a member of a band of coworkers and friends who call ourselves the Kazoo Kavers. We've been caving together in southern Indiana for the last 6 years. We're horizontal cavers at this time. Our experience has included - Sullivan, Donnehue, Henderson Park (Middle, Waterfall, Mill), Endless (Cave River Valley), Buckners, Roberts, Fredricksburg, Lost River, Suicide and Buddha caves. We're looking for a couple of new caves for our fall trip this year - considering Salts and Popcorn Springs. Any comments on these or recommendations for others? Thanks.
kazookaver
Infrequent Poster

Name: Gregg Jones
NSS #: 61282

Re: Kazoo Kavers

Postby Scott McCrea » Apr 23, 2011 1:20 pm

Hmm, that group looks like trouble. See you underground. :bananabat:
Scott McCrea
SWAYGO
Scott McCrea
Global Moderator

NSS #: 40839RL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flittermouse Grotto

Postby self-deleted_user » Apr 23, 2011 3:59 pm

You look too clean to be cavers. :tonguecheek:

But yay Michigan peeps! I frequently meet up with John and Becca from Kzoo on I69 on the way to southern IN. We cave with the SJVG based in Elkhart, IN. I will be missing the SJVG Donnehue trip next month since the date was moved and I'll be in TAG for a long weekend (Signal Light, Snail Shell, Limerock, Stephens Gap, and Pipesides! :D). You missed Bryants and King Leo last weekend though (King Leo is vertical, though).

We sometimes go to Kentucky as well.

I will be at Speleofest and SERA as well so if you attend say hi!

I started caving last June and usually travel far and wide to cave xD but yeah always up for additional carpoolers to split the now-$4/gal gas costs!!! You can see photo tales of adventures of mine here if you want :) http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunguramy/ Its great you have a group, it makes it cheaper. For a while for me, gas prices for driving to southern IN on my own meant I may as well fly to TAG where I have lots of friends to cave with and way more caving options!
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby caveflower » Apr 25, 2011 4:02 pm

Sounds like you been to all the classic Indiana caves. i've never personally been in Popcorn springs but hear its a very sporting cave. Fun but sporting. Has a very tight entrace crawl that is about 600' twisty and whinding. Salts is a nice cave. Been there I don't know how many times. It a good 2 1/2 trip to the back of the cave where it sumps. It does flood so be careful. Nothing to hard couple of exsposed traverses. if you all get vertical some really nice caves to see that are pretty easy to get into.

have fun in Indiana. maybe see you down here some time.
Caving is fun but people are always more important.
caveflower
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Brenda
NSS #: 59462
Primary Grotto Affiliation: IKC EIG ISS NSS

Postby 2.0 » Apr 25, 2011 9:15 pm

The sinkhole plain under Harrison County is where it's at! Bring your wetsuites and be ready for a 10+ hour trip. Caveflower knows what I'm talkin' bout!
Occasional Poster

NSS #: 23480
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Harrison Crawford County Grotto

Postby self-deleted_user » Apr 26, 2011 12:55 am

I don't have a wetsuit.

Longest cave trip I've done was 9 hrs. I'm not sure I could do 10+ :P unless it was just a lot of walking. But...I gather probably not by the tone...
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby caveflower » Apr 26, 2011 4:21 am

Yes I do know what your talking about 2.0. I think you need your scuba gear right now though. :yikes: Some good caving down there.
:cavingrocks:
Caving is fun but people are always more important.
caveflower
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Brenda
NSS #: 59462
Primary Grotto Affiliation: IKC EIG ISS NSS

Return to Caver Introductions