Hello from Central Texas

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Hello from Central Texas

Postby djase1 » Mar 25, 2011 1:39 pm

I am so glad I found this forum. It has given me great information and I decided to join in.

I am born and raised in the Central Texas area and have always had a love of outdoors and an interest in caves. I never really looked into getting into caving very seriously until a visit to Enchanted Rock and a brief time in the cave located there. Now it's all I think about and I have signed up for a crawling cave tour at Colorado Bend State Park this Saturday and I am signed up for a beginners cave tour with the Underground Texas Grotto :big grin: I seriously cannot wait to get going on Saturday. It's amazing to me that I never pursued this before now other than guided cavern tours!

Anyway, I am fortunate to live in an area with lots of caves to explore and maybe one day, caves for me to discover! I will report back on the trip this Saturday. I think it will be a great way to start this journey and get some experience. If there are any UT Grotto members on this forum, then I look forward to meeting you.

Thanks
djase1
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 63186
Primary Grotto Affiliation: UT Grotto

Re: Hello from Central Texas

Postby Herman Miller » Mar 28, 2011 7:35 pm

While not a member of the UT Grotto, welcome to our community. You are lucky to be in an area with so many caves and cavers :clap: After your beginner trips I highly recommend a tank haul trip into Honey Creek Cave, its a trip that will never be forgotten.
Herman Miller NSS# 55273SU BOG Candidate 2010, 2012
Herman Miller
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: herman miller
NSS #: 55273
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Permian Basin Speleological Society

Re: Hello from Central Texas

Postby djase1 » Mar 29, 2011 7:42 am

Thanks for the welcome Herman, I was beginning to think no one wanted to talk to me :laughing:

Believe me, at this point I am interested in going into any and every cave I can find, though finding time and money may be an issue. And you are right about being in a great area for caves and to meet cavers. This site has helped me out as well. I have learned tons just lurking around and reading threads. I am so excited. I have to start somewhere and this seem slike a great place to begin.
djase1
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 63186
Primary Grotto Affiliation: UT Grotto

Return to Caver Introductions