Midwest Caver

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Midwest Caver

Postby shoot2retrieve » Feb 25, 2011 10:18 pm

Hello Everyone, My name is Rob LeForce and I am originally from NE Oklahoma and now live in Kansas. Grew up with a cave on our property in Oklahoma and as a child was an avid explorer with my mom of the cave, until a road over the top caved in the cave and impeded any further penetration. Also as a teenager frequented Jack Squirrel Cave area. I have never been involved in vertical caving and within the last year gotten into cavern diving. I really enjoy caving and have an abundance of interest in the more technical caving and conservation aspect. I am currently pursuing my master's in environmental studies and my concentration is on caves and karst areas. I genuinely, enjoy caving for the primal feeling of exploring. I am also looking for areas to spend my internship with concentration on cave conservation, especially around the midwest area, i.e. NE Oklahoma, Eastern Kansas, and Western Missouri. I hope to learn a ton from others and hopefully create some lasting connections and friendships. Thanks.
shoot2retrieve
Infrequent Poster

Name: Rob LeForce
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Kansas Speleological Society

Re: Midwest Caver

Postby tyler.p » Apr 1, 2012 7:36 am

Hi, I recently moved to Afton,OK and I am also in the interest of cave exploration. I saw a video on youtube of someone near a cave on the north shores of Grand Lake and after some research im pretty certain that cave was Jack's Squirrel Cave. I would really like to go and check it out but i cannot find it anywhere. I could really use coordinates so I can pinpoint it via Google Earth. Please, if you remember where it is and could help me out that would be awesome. I eagerly await to hear back, thanks!
tyler.p
New Poster

Return to Caver Introductions