Newbee

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Newbee

Postby zstep7 » Feb 15, 2011 3:38 pm

I have been caving here in Indiana since I was young. Just recently I've spent quite a bit of money to actually get all the needed equipment for the caves I do. I have to say I wish I had someone to introduce me to the "proper" equipment when I was younger. I am going to enjoy it to the fullest now though and hopefully be able to branch out to some new caves. It seems difficult to find information on caves. I do understand that there are a large number of people who don't need to know where caves are. Its better to keep them clean and protected then have easy access.
zstep7
Infrequent Poster

Name: Zach

Re: Newbee

Postby 2.0 » Feb 16, 2011 8:31 pm

What part of Indiana are you from? I'll be happy to put you in touch with like minded cavers near you. What prior caving experience do you have and what are you interested in most? (long trips, vertical, recreational, etc...)
Occasional Poster

NSS #: 23480
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Harrison Crawford County Grotto

Postby caveflower » Feb 17, 2011 8:29 am

Getting all the right gear is a great place to start. We go caving all over the state and we welcome new cavers to join us. PM me your email and we can let you know when the next trip is. You can look up my website at the bottom of this post.
Caving is fun but people are always more important.
caveflower
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Brenda
NSS #: 59462
Primary Grotto Affiliation: IKC EIG ISS NSS

Postby zstep7 » Feb 18, 2011 6:01 pm

I live near Avon in Indianapolis. Up till 2010 the only cave I had done was doghill/Donahue. I really enjoy that cave for a number of reasons. In the past few months a few friends and myself have started at Sullivan cave. The patron there has been very easy to work with. Were actually planning to do the full speed hollow to the emergence and back pretty soon. It is supposed to be a 18-24 hr trip, we'll see. I am definately interested in getting into some different caves.
zstep7
Infrequent Poster

Postby zstep7 » Feb 18, 2011 6:23 pm

Sorry, a couple items I forgot to address. My experience in general/recreational caving is about 10 years. I'm really enjoy learning new caves, I pick up on things very quickly. I would love trying vertical caving but as of now I enjoy challenging trips, long or short.
zstep7
Infrequent Poster

Return to Caver Introductions