TAG Cavers

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

TAG Cavers

Postby CKahl » Nov 21, 2010 9:56 pm

Hello all, I am a newer member of DCG and can't always make it to the meetings each month due to work schedule :down: I am trying to meet up with a group from the TAG area who likes to go caving alot. I would consider myself at intermediate level with no vert experience (although I want to learn). My friends and family can't or don't always want to go. I find myself more times then not just hiking to the entrances of many and wishing I had group to go in with. Unfortunately because of work I couldn't make it to the cave-in until saturday evening just in time for the bon fire so I missed that opportunity. If I didn't have to work I would be underground everyday. If anyone wouldn't mind me tagging along on a trip or so I am always up for going. I hope to hear from someone and hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving this week! :turkey:
Seize the Carp
CKahl
Infrequent Poster

Name: Clinton Kahl
NSS #: 62533
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Re: TAG Cavers

Postby graveleye » Nov 22, 2010 2:55 pm

hi, there aren't a lot of DCG folks hanging around on this forum. If you're a member of the grotto you can get on DCG-Net. It's a yahoo email group. I'll let you know how to join.
It takes some time to get to know enough folks to keep you caving a lot, but it's possible. You just need to try to get on some trips.
I'll PM you on some ideas.
kev
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Re: TAG Cavers

Postby CKahl » Nov 24, 2010 9:03 pm

Thanks Kev, for some reason my PM is not allowed because of new user??? I don't think that I could make the 4th (again with my work schedule). I have more Tuesdays and Wednesdays off than I do Saturdays. And someone else was asking about my gear. I have all my horizontal gear for a mostly dry cave. I have no vertical gear yet or wetsuit for some of the really wet caves. I am saving for it now. Its on my wish list to santa :big grin:
Seize the Carp
CKahl
Infrequent Poster

Name: Clinton Kahl
NSS #: 62533
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Return to Caver Introductions