Future caver from Seattle!

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Future caver from Seattle!

Postby jeanna » Oct 14, 2010 2:24 pm

Hello! After recently finishing college and deciding that it's the perfect time to start a new hobby, I find myself here and researching everything about caving. My life's goal is to see and experience the world in as many ways as I can. This has led me to traveling, skydiving, backpacking, rock climbing, scuba diving, and now caving. My experience with caves is limited to an 8th grade trip to the Ape Caves, but I do remember having a lot of fun! I didn't realize we had so many caves here in the PNW until today. I look forward to being on this forum to learn as much as I can and hopefully meet some cavers from my area for guidance! I found Cascade Grotto's website, but it seems like it hasn't been updated in years. Are they still active?
jeanna
Infrequent Poster

Re: Future caver from Seattle!

Postby NZcaver » Oct 14, 2010 3:09 pm

Welcome to the forum. :waving:

Cascade Grotto had technical issues with its website earlier this year, but yes it is currently active and has monthly meetings in the Seattle area.

The meeting details and directions on the home page are current, and anybody is welcome. You can use the grotto contact email address on the bottom right of the page to find out more information.

If you have any problems, contact me and I'll put you in touch with the right people.

(Edited March 2011 to update new website link)
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby tnylund » Oct 18, 2010 12:55 pm

I'm also from Seattle and have recently become interested in caving. I have rock climbing experience, and own a lot of the necessary ropes/harnesses/etc. Unfortunately I missed last week's meeting with the Cascade Grotto but I will be attending next month's to meet some local cavers and find out more about speleology/cave conservation. :waving:
tnylund
New Poster

Name: Travis Nylund

Postby jeanna » Oct 21, 2010 1:17 am

I missed the meeting last week too. I'll see you next month!
jeanna
Infrequent Poster

Postby mooreshire » Mar 16, 2011 1:24 pm

Heya. I'm an East Coast Caver who moved here recently. I'll be checking out the Cascade meeting on Friday. Hopefully we can get some trips underground planned. :-)
mooreshire

Return to Caver Introductions