New Caver from CT.. trying to find other cavers in the area

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

New Caver from CT.. trying to find other cavers in the area

Postby xtirtzt » Jun 27, 2010 11:43 am

Hey i am 22 and from CT, i just began caving a few months ago and i would really like to take it to the next level, i am i climber so i have a pretty good idea when it comes to being on ropes... My only problem is is that none of my friends are really interested in it and the ones that are wont buy the gear for it cause they dont think they will use it enough. I bought all the gear and am ready to go... now i just need to find some people to go with... thats why i joined this forum... All the caving i have done so far has been in albany and schoharie county in new york, as it is just a couple hours from where i live
xtirtzt
New Poster

Re: New Caver from CT.. trying to find other cavers in the area

Postby Phil Winkler » Jun 27, 2010 1:18 pm

Welcome to the forum.

If you join the NSS (www.caves.org) you get a Membership Manual listing all the cavers in the NSS and their addresses, phone, email, etc. There is also a web search facility for members. Also at caves.org is a way to find a chapter/grotto of the NSS in your area. http://www.nssio.org/Find_Grotto.cfm

There are many cavers in your area.
Phil Winkler
13627 FE
Phil Winkler
Global Moderator

NSS #: 13627FE

Re: New Caver from CT.. trying to find other cavers in the area

Postby NZcaver » Jun 27, 2010 9:32 pm

Welcome to the forum. :waving:

Your local chapter of the NSS is the Central Connecticut Grotto. Check out the website at http://www.ctcavers.org They're a friendly bunch who go caving fairly regularly, and usually don't bite strangers. Some members are also active rock climbers, ice climbers, etc. There's a meeting every month, and anybody is welcome. All the details are on the website.
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Return to Caver Introductions