New Irish Caver in England coming to America

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

New Irish Caver in England coming to America

Postby Knockroe » Jul 17, 2009 6:13 pm

Hi everyone,

I do a lot of caving in the UK, predominantly Vertical systems. Love SRT.
Hopefully visiting Michigan late September and would love to get some good vertical trips under my belt. Unfortunately don't know any cavers in the US. Any you guys got trips planned or willing to take a "foreigner" under ground?
Knockroe
Infrequent Poster

Re: New Irish Caver in England coming to America

Postby graveleye » Jul 20, 2009 12:11 pm

Hmm... I don't think there are any pits in Michigan, and not too many caves either. The only group I know of in that area is the Detroit Grotto... if you're in the Detroit area you could look them up.

If you want to get into some pits and caves, you're probably going to have to come south from there.

Welcome to the forum, and if you could make it down here this far I would be happy to take you somewhere cool.
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Postby Cody JW » Jul 20, 2009 6:17 pm

I live in Indiana, we have some pits here but not like TAG.We are closer to Michigan though.I know you may not be familiar with Indiana but most caves and pits here start about 50 miles south of Indianapolis and go down to the Kentucky border.I would be happy to help however I can.
It only takes one person to surrender a dog to a kill shelter ,but it takes many to rescue it.
Cody JW
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Jeff Cody
NSS #: 23961

Postby Lost » Jul 21, 2009 7:58 pm

Make sure you clean your gear befoe you go home.No need to take WNS back with you.
Lost
Prolific Poster

Return to Caver Introductions