2010 Carto salon entry form

Techniques, equipment and issues. Also visit the NSS Survey & Cartography Section.

Moderator: Moderators

2010 Carto salon entry form

Postby Jeff Bartlett » May 20, 2010 4:08 pm

The 2010 Cartographic Salon entry form makes the entrant pick from 2009's special ICS categories: <100m, 100-500m, 500m-1km, 1km-5km, 5km-10km, >10km or map atlas. However, the 2010 Carto Salon info page specifies that this year's categories will be similar to previous (non-ICS) NSS convention salons: apprentice, experienced, and master-professional with one's past entry performance dictating the appropriate category.

Can someone confirm which is correct for this year? The entry deadline (unless bringing to convention) is less than 60 days from now. I don't have an email for Brian Pease (don't have an MM handy), although Jim is still listed as the chair on the salon page. Are either on here?
"Although it pains me to say it, in this case Jeff is right. Plan accordingly." --Andy Armstrong
Jeff Bartlett
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Jeff Bartlett
NSS #: 59325
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Tennessee Cave Survey

Re: 2010 Carto salon entry form

Postby Jeff Bartlett » Jun 1, 2010 3:39 pm

Since no one cares, I'll post Crash Kennedy's reply and call it a day.

The entry form is in error. Just ignore the category portion, or write in your category as below. The categories will indeed be the same as previous years’ NSS conventions (except last year). Categories will be first-time entrant, experienced, and master/professional. In fact, you don’t even have to bother with the form, just bring the map(s). The form is also a hold-over from ICS.

Jim “Crash” Kennedy
NSS Cartographic Salon Coordinator
"Although it pains me to say it, in this case Jeff is right. Plan accordingly." --Andy Armstrong
Jeff Bartlett
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Jeff Bartlett
NSS #: 59325
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Tennessee Cave Survey

Return to Survey and Cartography Forum