Photos for the 2007 NSS Members Manual Cover Wanted

Official announcements from the National Speleological Society. This forum is for announcements only.

Postby Cheryl Jones » Nov 10, 2006 10:54 pm

Please pass this along to all cavers! Thanks!!

by Meredith Hall Johnson
2007 Members Manual Editor

Believe it or not, it's time to start putting together the 2007 issue of the Members Manual. I am looking for a cover photograph and need your help. Please send me a small-sized photo via e-mail (to merecaver@yahoo.com) before the deadline, which is February 1, 2007. Photos can come from anyone who is an NSS member (please include your number with your e-mail). Photos that have been previously published in NSS publications are NOT eligible. Photos that have been entered in the Photo Salon at Convention are eligible.

Pretty much any caving photo is okay to enter. More than five entries must be sent to me on a CD (these can and should be high resolution): Meredith Hall Johnson, 8061 Kittiwake CT, Springfield, VA 22153. Anything sent or postmarked after February 1 will not be considered. Please spread the word around to all your grotto members. The only stipulations are that cavers in the photo cannot be easily identified, nor any "bad" caving practices illustrated, such as someone touching a formation or not wearing a helmet.

Whoever gets their photo chosen gets to write a short biography for page 1 of the publication. How cool is that? Start looking through your cave photos now!
Cheryl Jones
Global Moderator

Name: Cheryl Jones
NSS #: 14479 FE OS
Primary Grotto Affiliation: BATS

Return to NSS Announcements